Learn about the many ways you can optimize traffic channel performance and increase your ROI.
There are countless ways to optimize traffic channel performance! Here are a few tips:
- Channel performance can vary depending on your offer. When you create a campaign for a new offer, start with all channels enabled. As you collect performance data over time, pause channels that do not perform well for your campaign. TIP: You can update channel statuses individually or in bulk, within a single campaign or across multiple campaigns.
- Use our reporting suite to measure how each channel performs. You can even drill down into channel performance by dimensions such as creative or target. If, for example, you notice your campaign has certain targets that convert well on specific channels, you can create separate campaigns for different groups of targets, then increase your bids to get more traffic from those channels. The same logic applies for optimizing channel performance for specific creatives.
- Often, a channel will have some traffic that converts well for your campaign, but other traffic from the same channel may not. Track sub-ID performance to measure sources of traffic within each channel. Then, instead of pausing an entire channel and missing out on the traffic that DOES convert, blacklist only the lowest-performing sub-IDs within the channel.
- Find out if certain channels perform better during specific days and times by adding date and time dimensions to your reports. If you see a trend, you can duplicate your campaign, enable the channels with fluctuating performance, then customize your dayparting schedule so your campaign only runs on high-converting days of the week.
- New channels are being added all the time. These are great opportunities to test new traffic sources! NOTE: By default, your campaign will run on newly added channels. To change this, uncheck the "Auto-enable new channels" setting on your campaign's Channel Optimization tab.
Contact our team of expert Account Managers for custom tips and recommended channels for your offer.