Use these targeting tips to make sure your ad gets seen by as many people as possible.
Targeting 101: Reaching the Right Audience
Every campaign is different. Targets that perform well on other ad platforms won't necessarily have the same success rate on RTX Platform.
Before choosing Pops targets to add to your campaign, you should understand how each type of target determines the sites that display your ad. There are different types of Pops targets and match types, and each matches uniquely for impressions. Once you grasp the concept of Pops matching, you can structure your targets in all sorts of ways to use them to their full potential.
Targeting for Optimal Pops Volume
- Target broader. Not all targets you add will be broad enough to get volume. The more targets you add to a campaign, the more likely you are to get enough volume to optimize. Once you start collecting enough data, you can adjust your bids per target and refine your reach by pausing targets that aren't profitable. NOTE: Pops targets that will not receive impressions based on our users' current browsing habits will be labeled "Low Volume" in the status column of your campaign's Targets tab.
- Opt for short tail keyword targets. Short tail keyword targets match more broadly than longer words or phrases, which makes them more likely to get impressions.
- Try different targeting strategies. You can target domains to serve your ads on your competitors' sites, add search query targets as well as URL and content targets related to your offer or audience, or add domain targets that match sites that your target audience typically visits.
- Use spellcheck. Targeting misspelled words is sometimes a good way to get cheap impressions, but they won't match as often as a word that is spelled correctly. Often, misspelled targets will get little to no volume.
- Bid competitively. If a target isn't getting any impressions, it may be because its bid is too low. Use your Smart Bid and Bid Graph to ensure you win the impression when your target competes with other advertisers' matching targets.
- Be relevant. Add targets that relate to your niche and are consistent with your offer.
- Discover new sites to target. Target broadly, then use our reporting suite to see which sites serving your ad are most profitable. If an entire domain is performing well, add it as a domain target to serve your add on across the entire site. If a specific page on a domain is performing well, add the entire URL as a URL target to serve your ad on that specific page. Then, raise your bid on the new target to get more impressions from that domain or page. TIP: If certain domains don't convert well for your offer, you can add them as blacklisted domains.
TIP: With Conversion Boost℠: Quality Tiers℠, our machine-learning algorithm intelligently categorizes your traffic into three Quality Tiers based on your conversion likelihood. Customize your bids for each tier depending on the traffic you want. Raising Quality Tier sliders makes your bids for that tier more competitive. Competitive bids not only help you increase volume from a Quality Tier, but can also bring in even higher quality traffic from that tier. You can find this feature on the Campaign Settings page of your Pops campaigns.