Ensure your account stays funded by adding a backup credit card.
You can add a backup card to fund your account if your primary card fails for any reason, however, only one primary card is allowed at a time. To keep your traffic flowing in the event of a transaction failure, it's a good idea to have a backup card on file.
Follow these steps to add a backup card to your account
- Log into RTX Platform, then click My Account at the top of the page, on the right.
- From the left sidebar, click Funding & Payments. This will bring you to the Payment Methods tab.
- If you haven't already done so, enter the details for your primary payment method (You must have a primary card on file before you can add a backup card).
- Below your primary card information, enter the name on the card, card number, CVV, card expiration date, and the zip code and country associated with your billing address.
- When you've completed the form, click Save. A message will appear at the top of the page confirming the save or displaying an error message. If you see an error message, reach out and let us know what it says.
NOTE: Funding with a credit card is restricted to certain countries. If the option to add a credit card or make a payment via credit card is not available for your country, you may fund your account via ACH or wire.