Use our comprehensive reporting suite to discover valuable insights and trends to drive your optimization.
With RTX Platform's powerful reporting, you can create custom reports that reveal valuable insights about your campaigns' performance, then apply those insights to your optimization strategy.
TIP: Install a conversion pixel to track the most effective performance data. Follow these steps to install a conversion pixel, or schedule a call with a pixel expert who can help you place your pixel or do it for you.
Creating Custom Reports
Follow these steps to create a new custom report:
- Log into your RTX Platform account.
- Click Reporting at the top of the page to navigate to your saved reports.
- Click New Custom Report above the table of saved reports to navigate to Report Builder.
- In the upper-righthand dropdown above Report Builder, select Pops.
- Use the date range filter to select the time frame for the data you'd like to see. TIP: By default, your results are shown in UTC time zone. To apply a different time zone to your results, use the time zone dropdown menu.
- From the left sidebar, select the metrics and dimensions you want to report on. TIP: Use the search field to find specific metrics or dimensions.
- Optional: Apply filters to limit your report to data that meets specific criteria. If a dimension or metric is available as a filter, you'll see a funnel icon when you hover your cursor over it. Click the funnel to add the filter to the top of the report, then set the parameters for your filter. For example, if you've selected the Target dimension and Profit metric, but only want to see targets without any profit, you'd click the funnel next to the Profit metric, then choose Equal to and enter 0.
- When you've finished customizing your report, click Generate Results at the top of Report Builder to view your results. NOTE: The more data in your report, the longer your results will take to generate. If you leave the page while your results are generating, we'll email you a link to the results when they're ready.
TIP: Click Download CSV at the top of Report Builder to download your results as a CSV.
Customizing Column Sort and Order
Columns can be rearranged and sorted both on the Report Builder and Results pages, which can help you find valuable insights in your data.
To rearrange your column order, simply click the header of the column you'd like to move and drag it to its new location. You can also click the three dots on any column header and select Move Column Right or Move Column Left.
To sort a single column, simply click the column header. To reverse the sort direction, click the column header again.
To sort two columns, click the column header of the metric or dimension you want to designate as the primary sort. Then, hold down the shift key and click the column header you want to designate as the secondary sort.
To sort any number of columns, click the three dots on any column header and select Edit Column Sort. Then, click Add Another Column Sort, choose the primary metric or dimension you'd like to sort by, and choose whether you want the data sorted ascending (Z to A, high to low) or descending (A to Z, low to high). Repeat this process for each metric or dimension you want to sort by, in the order you want them sorted. When you're finished, click Apply. TIP: Each sorted column will include a number and arrow in the column header indicating the sort order and direction (ascending or descending).
To remove a column, click the three dots on the column header and select Remove Column.
Saving and Editing Custom Reports
Custom reports can be saved and edited anytime. We recommend saving reports that you plan to run regularly.
NOTE: If you navigate away from the Report Builder or Results page without saving your custom report, your report and results will be lost.
Saving a New Custom Report
Saving a new report is useful when you've created a report that you'd like to run again in the future with the same or similar criteria, or when you want to store the report's results to view again later.
To save a new report, simply click Save As, then enter a template name.
Editing a Saved Custom Report
If you've saved a custom report, but would like to modify the criteria to report on different data, simply click the report you'd like to edit, make your changes, and click Generate. Then, click Save to save the report with the new criteria you've applied.
If you do not want to replace the report you've modified with the new criteria you've applied, click Save As to save it as a new report with a new name. You can also click New Custom Report From Criteria on the Results page to create a new report with the criteria that's applied to the current report.
Running a One-Time Custom Report
You may not always need to save a custom report. If you're running a new custom report that you do not plan to run again and do not need to view the results again later, you do not need to save your report.
TIP: If you've generated results from a saved report, you do not need to save the report again to log the results for future access. All results generated for any saved report will automatically be saved and able to be accessed anytime.
Accessing Saved Custom Reports and Results
When you click Reporting at the top of the page, you'll see all of your saved custom reports, the date each report was last edited, and the date each report's results were last generated.
- Click the three dots in the Options column to download or view a report's most recent results.
- Click a custom report to open it in Report Builder, where you can generate new results with the criteria you applied to your custom report, or or edit the report's criteria to see different data.
- If you no longer need to access a saved custom report or view previously generated results, you can delete it by checking the box to the left of the report and clicking Delete Report.
Viewing Previously Generated Results
Each time you generate results for a saved custom report, the results are saved for you to access anytime. To find previously generated results, click the Results tab within the saved custom report, then click the Results dropdown menu and select the date you ran the report.
To download the most recently generated results from a saved custom report, click Reporting at the top of the page to navigate to your list of saved custom reports. Then, click the three dots in the Options column for the report and select Download CSV.
To download a custom report's results as a CSV from the Report Builder or Results page, simply click the Download CSV button.
NOTE: If you edit a custom report's criteria in Report Builder after generating results, you must regenerate the results in order for the CSV to include data for the updated criteria.
TIP: Report Builder will only show the first 999 lines of data, however, you can download the full data set as a CSV.