Blacklist low-performing domains globally to optimize your spend across all Pops campaigns.
NOTE: The Global Blacklisted Domains Audience Filter was previously called Global Domain Exclusions or Negative Targets.
Global Blacklisted Domains are Audience Filters that prevent your campaigns from receiving impressions on certain sites. Unlike Campaign Blacklisted Domains, which apply to a single campaign, Global Blacklisted Domains apply to all Pops campaigns. When you add a Global Blacklisted Domain, none of your Pops campaigns will be eligible for impressions on sites that match the Global Blacklisted Domain.
How do Global Blacklisted Domains match?
Global Blacklisted Domains can only be root domains (example.com), subdomains (page.example.com), or TLDs (.com, .edu, etc).
Root domains you enter will block the root domain, all subdomains, and the full path. For example, adding example.com will also block www.example.com, blog.example.com, and example.com/example-blog-post.html.
Subdomains you enter will block the subdomain and its full path, but not the root domain or other subdomains. For example, adding blog.example.com will also block blog.example.com/example-blog-post.html, but will not block www.example.com or example.com/example-blog-post.html.
TIP: www. is considered a subdomain.
TLDs you add will block all URLs containing that TLD. For example, adding .edu will block my-school.edu, another-school.edu, classes.example-school.edu, example.edu/fall2014/enrollment.html, and any other page with a .edu TLD.
TIP: Campaign Blacklisted Domains and Global Blacklisted Domains both match the same way.
How can I add Global Blacklisted Domains?
Follow these steps to add Global Blacklisted Domains, which block impressions on specific sites for all Pops campaigns:
- Log into your RTX Platform account.
- Click Pops at the top of the page to navigate to the Pops Overview page.
- Click the Audience Filters tab below the main navigation bar at the top of any Pops page, then click Continue in the Global Blacklisted Domains overview section.
- Enter each domain, subdomain, or TLD you'd like to blacklist from your campaigns (one per line).
- When you're finished, click Add Global Blacklisted Domains to apply the Blacklisted Domains to all of your Pops campaigns.