Choose where on the web you want your ads shown by adding targets to your campaign.
The targets you add to your campaign, in addition to the bids you place, will determine when and where your creative(s) will appear.
How Targets WorkThere are four unique types of targets on Pops:
- Domain | Use domain targeting to target specific domains, subdomains, or TLDs. If you have a list of certain web pages you want to buy traffic on, add them as domain targets.
- URL | Use URL targeting to target full or partial URLs. If you would like to receive traffic from URLs that contain certain words or phrases in the URL string, you can target those words or phrases as URL targets as well.
- URL + Page Content | Use the URL + page content targeting option to target full or partial URLs, or words or phrases that appear in the URL or page content.
- Search Query | Use search query targeting to target search engine results pages (SERPs) for queries containing specific words or phrases. This is a great way to target users who are directly searching for what you have to offer.
How to Add Targets to Your Campaign
You can add new targets, or customize bids and statuses for existing targets, at any time. If you're creating a new campaign and have already customized its settings and added creatives, RTX Platform will take you directly to your Targets tab, and you can skip to step 3. If you're adding targets to an existing campaign, start with step 1.
- Log into your RTX Platform account, then click the Pops tab in the navigation bar from any page.
- From the Campaigns tab, click the campaign that corresponds with the target(s) you're adding, then click the Targets tab.
- If you've already added targets to your campaign, they will appear on the screen. To add new targets, click the Add Targets button above the table, then select New Targets or Run of Network from the dropdown.
- If you are entering targets manually, type or paste them into the text box with each one on a new line. You can also upload targets from a CSV.
Most targets are approved or rejected on the spot, while others are reviewed manually by our team during normal business hours (Monday - Friday, 9AM - 5PM EST except holidays). While they're in the approval queue, the Status column will say Pending and you'll get an email listing any targets that we manually reject.
Our system automatically rejects targets that are too long-tail to receive traffic, but many others are blacklisted for a variety of compliance-related reasons. If you're unsure why something was automatically rejected, just ask and we'll fill you in.
Your targets are set to the Base CPV Bid you specified in your Campaign Settings.
You can update bids individually or in bulk from your Targets tab. To change a single bid, just click the bid on your Targets table to render the field editable, then enter the new bid for the target.
You can also select multiple targets using the checkboxes next to each one, or select all targets using the top-most checkbox. Once you've selected the targets you'd like to update, select Change CPV Bid and enter your bid changes. Learn more about updating bids in bulk.
NOTE: Custom bids for targets will be calculated based on your Conversion Boost℠: Quality Tiers℠ sliders. With this feature, our machine-learning algorithm intelligently categorizes your traffic into three Quality Tiers based on your conversion likelihood. Customize your bids for each tier depending on the traffic you want.
Placing Your Best Bid
Use the Suggested Base Bid in your Campaign Settings to receive optimal volume on new campaigns.