Add targets to your campaign by importing them from a spreadsheet.
Importing targets into a campaign is an efficient way to add new targets in bulk with custom bids and/or statuses.
TIP: You can make certain changes to existing targets using by editing an exported CSV, and new targets can also be added to the CSV. Learn more about editing exported CSVs.
Follow the steps below to import new targets into your campaign.
- Navigate to the campaign with the targets you'd like to edit, then click the Targets tab.
- Click the Upload Targets button above your data table to access the uploader.
- Download and open the CSV template linked on the page.
- In the CSV, add your targets in the column labeled target, entering each target in its own cell. To assign custom bids, statuses, and other criteria, refer to the list of valid inputs below this list. Save your changes when you are finished entering your targets.
- In the uploader you navigated to in step 2, click the Choose File button and select the CSV you are importing.
- Click the Upload Targets button to import the targets in your spreadsheet.
When your import finishes uploading, you will receive an email containing a status update. Any issues with your CSV will be noted in the email.
Formatting your CSV import
The list below explains how to format inputs for each column in your CSV.
Accepted Inputs: Enter the target you are adding to your campaign.
Match Type (Optional)
Accepted Inputs: Enter keyword or domain. Leave blank to default to keyword.
NOTE: path is an accepted alternate input for keyword.
Accepted Inputs: Enter any amount. Leave blank to apply the default bid in your Campaign Settings.
Bid Type (Optional)
Accepted Inputs: Enter fixed or proxy, or leave blank to default to proxy.