Add keywords to your campaign by importing them from a spreadsheet.
Importing keywords into a campaign is an efficient way to add new keywords in bulk with custom bids and/or statuses.
TIP: You can make certain changes to existing keywords using by editing an exported CSV, and new keywords can also be added to the CSV. Learn more about editing exported CSVs.
Follow the steps below to import new keywords into your campaign.
- Navigate to the campaign with the keywords you'd like to edit, then click the Keywords tab.
- Click the Upload Keywords button above your data table to access the uploader.
- Download and open the CSV template linked on the page.
- In the CSV, add your keywords in the column labeled keyword, entering each keyword in its own cell. To assign custom bids, statuses, and other criteria, refer to the list of valid inputs below this list. Save your changes when you are finished entering your keywords.
- In the uploader you navigated to in step 2, click the Choose File button and select the CSV you are importing.
- Click the Upload Keywords button to import the keywords in your spreadsheet.
When your import finishes uploading, you will receive an email containing a status update. Any issues with your CSV will be noted in the email.
Formatting your CSV import
The list below explains how to format inputs for each column in your CSV.
Accepted Inputs: Enter the keyword you are adding to your campaign.
Accepted Inputs: Enter any amount. Leave blank to apply the default bid in your Campaign Settings.