Blacklist low-performing domains from specific campaigns to optimize your spend.
NOTE: The Campaign Blacklisted Domains Audience Filter was previously called Campaign Domain Exclusions or Negative Targets.
Campaign Blacklisted Domains are Audience Filters that prevent your campaign from receiving impressions on certain sites. When you add a Campaign Blacklisted Domain, none of the campaign's targets will be eligible for impressions on sites that match the Campaign Blacklisted Domain.
TIP: You can block a site across all InText campaigns by adding it as a Global Blacklisted Domain.
How do Campaign Blacklisted Domains match?
Blacklisted Domains can only be root domains (example.com), subdomains (page.example.com), or TLDs (.com, .edu, etc).
Root domains you enter will block the root domain, all subdomains, and the full path. For example, adding example.com will also block www.example.com, blog.example.com, and example.com/example-blog-post.html.
Subdomains you enter will block the subdomain and its full path, but not the root domain or other subdomains. For example, adding blog.example.com will also block blog.example.com/example-blog-post.html, but will not block www.example.com or example.com/example-blog-post.html.
TIP: www. is considered a subdomain.
TLDs you add will block all URLs containing that TLD. For example, adding .edu will block my-school.edu, another-school.edu, classes.example-school.edu, example.edu/fall2014/enrollment.html, and any other page with a .edu TLD.
TIP: Campaign Blacklisted Domains and Global Blacklisted Domains both match the same way.
How can I add Campaign Blacklisted Domains?
Follow these steps to add Campaign Blacklisted Domains, which block impressions on specific sites for a single campaign:
- Log into your RTX Platform account.
- Click InText at the top of the page to navigate to the InText Overview page.
- From the left sidebar, click the campaign where you want to add a Campaign Blacklisted Domain. You can also click the campaign from the All Campaigns dashboard, or from your Overview page if it's listed as a Top Campaign.
- Click the Audience Filters tab, then click Continue in the Campaign Blacklisted Domains overview section.
- Enter each domain, subdomain, or TLD you'd like to blacklist from your campaign (one per line).
- When you're finished, click Add Campaign Blacklisted Domains to apply the Blacklisted Domains to your campaign.